Use Answer Value instead of Answer Text
We should have Value instead of Text in the request object. It means that user will send us selected value from drop-down and set Value property in the request object. Similarly like HTML list (e.g. drop-down list) works with Value and Text.
- Property 'text' was renamed to 'value' for answers in request object.
- Data type was changed from 'integer' to 'string' for property 'value' in possible answers. For rulebase, 'text' equals 'value'.
Use Relevant Nodes collection instead of single Relevant Node
Previously relevancy was defined only between additional question and one parent question. But in Hiscox rulebase additional question depends on two parent questions. Therefore we changed:
- removed relevantNode item from node.NodeParameters property,
- added relevantNodes array to node.NodeParameters property.
It means that structure of response is unchanged but its content was changed. The content is very important for UX functionality - in this case it affects functionality of dynamic display of additional questions.
API endpoint changes
We updated API endpoints at Ursula API. We would like to make similar changes on DIP API too:
- Don’t use underscore in the underwriting endpoints – no other endpoints use it,
- Use camel case for action names – lower case call will also work. It’s good to use camel case because it’s better readable in swagger/documentation.
Updated over 1 year ago